Open Source Billing Software Platform
Our vision, since we started development of OneBill, was to create a SaaS solution that was far more functional, flexible and easy to configure than traditional on-premise billing solutions.
Picture a multi-channel, multi-device, multi tenant, stable and certifiably secure platform, on the cloud. It’s a solution that helps your internal customers, from Finance, through Marketing, Sales, CSRs and Operations, setup and manage your subscription business with limited time involvement from IT.
The vision embraces “configuration not customization”, Agile development, point and click integrations. Even so, we know you’ll want to know more about the platform and what it takes to integrate it into your ecosystem.
Platform and architecture
Speaking of ecosystem… a modern revenue management solution spans a number of departments, processes, systems and data sets. Complete automation is the goal and the key is integration with external and internal solutions that “feed” the OneBill solution.
To support a full-lifecycle solution, the architecture is modular, as illustrated below:
The OneBill subscription commerce platform is designed on an integrated SaaS model with open architecture based on J2EE and standard protocol, reducing the interoperability costs.
- Multi-tenant cloud-based. Production and pre-production environments. Scaling with you
- Security of users. Audit trails. PCI compliance. Customer data management
- The platform offers single sign on with secure connections through HTTPS/SSL and has industry standard compliant data center – SOC 1/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402, FISMA Moderate, ISO 27001, PCI DSS level 1 FIPS 140-2. Penetration testing at OWASP standards is conducted on the platform
- System maintenance and SLAs. Additional support where needed.
- Public cloud preferred, but on-premise or hybrid available for enterprise customers.
The Product Roadmap
The OneBill Team uses an Agile development methodology with product roadmap, backlog and minor releases every 2 weeks, major releases quarterly.
Our high-level roadmap includes:
The development effort is dedicated to:
- Customer enhancement requests
- Additional point-and-click integrations
- Keeping ahead of the market’s demand with visionary functionality
Moving to OneBill
Which onboard model works for you?
- OneBill provides two models of Onboarding:
- Customer Self-Onboarding, suitable for greenfield setup or situations where standard migrations and out-of-the-box integrations are available. Most operations can be done by business users with support from OneBill and minimal support by IT. Suitable for small and medium sized businesses with lower complexity.
- Full-Service Onboarding, suitable for complex migrations, custom integrations, usage data integrations, large catalog or subscriber base migration. OneBill works closely with customer’s IT department and relevant third-parties to complete migration and integration. Basic configuration is determined through user training and then setup by OneBill.
- Configuring and customizing the solution
- OneBill is designed for point and click setup. Most activities can be done by business users, although IT may need to provide authentication data for third party services and extract data to create import files in csv format (subscribers, products, subscriptions, CDRs, rated transactions, payments and grants).
The OneBill setup screen – step-by-step
- Your chosen System Administrator for OneBill can setup Users (Super, Business, Agent, CSR) and use out of the box integration for payment gateway, taxation, SMTP, Accounting systems and CRM systems. SysAdmin does not have to be an IT function, but some technical knowledge is required.
- Any customizations are typically done by OneBill professional services, although IT can build custom APIs for additional integrations and also custom report formats, either for display within OneBill of for data export functions.
- Point and click integrations or build your own
- OneBill becomes part of your business ecosystem. With the right integrations, OneBill can fully automate revenue management for your company, from product setup through to activation.
Use out-of-the-box integrations
The following are point and click integrations:
OneBill provides extensive documentation for APIs that will enable you to perform operations on critical subscription resources such as:
- Subscribers (Accounts), Subscriptions and Orders
- Products and Promotions
- Rating, Billing and Invoicing
- Payments, Balance and Credits
- Self Care
Create your own APIs.
- Use an extensive set of APIs exposed as SOAP based web services. REST APIs are provided for interfacing to the Self-Care portal.
- Setup communication with the OneBill API’s use SOAP over HTTPS – a standard encrypting layer – to ensure the data transmission is encrypted.
- Utilize the Spring security framework to secure the authentication. The framework also acts as the access-control to all API access that occurs from external systems.
- Import data in bulk (Accounts, Subscriptions, CDRs, Products etc).
- Support asynchronous message queues to communicate with external systems.